Online shopping – terms of sale
These Terms and Conditions of Sale (“Terms of Sale”) are the terms and conditions on which Grape Britannia Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales (registered number 11781934), provides products to you. Our VAT number is 315 1079 34.
Placing an order
Delivery times and options may vary depending on the type of product that you order. Provided we have received an accurate physical delivery address from you, we will aim to deliver products to you by the date set out in the acknowledgement of order email we send to you or, if no date is specified, within 10 working days (i.e. any day that is not a Saturday, Sunday or bank holiday) of the date of the acknowledgement of order email we send to you. If the address is incorrect the order may be delayed or may not arrive at all.
Identity of supplier
Unless stated to the contrary on this website, the goods and services supplied in accordance with any contract made though this website are supplied by Grape Britannia Ltd.
Contract creation and order process
The technical steps required to create the contract between you and us are as follows:
– You must add the products you wish to purchase to your shopping cart and then proceed to the checkout.
– If this is your first purchase on the website you may then create an account with us and log in; if you already have an account with us you may enter your log in details to access your account. You may also proceed as a guest, without logging in, or creating an account.
– You will then be asked to input your shipping and payment details.
– Once you have completed compiling your order you will be asked to confirm that it is correct, and that you agree to these Terms of Sale. If it is not correct, you can revisit your order and correct the mistakes before confirming and submitting your order. It is your responsibility to ensure that your order is correct before submitting it to us. If you are purchasing products containing alcohol, you will also be asked to confirm that you are aged over 18.
– You place the order for your products on this website by pressing the ‘place order’ button at the end of the checkout process. You will be guided through the process of placing an order by a series of simple instructions on this website.
– After you have submitted your order to us, we will process the payment details you have given us to take payment for your order
– We will send you an order acknowledgement email detailing the products you have ordered. You should check the order acknowledgement email for accuracy and let us know immediately if there are any errors. That email does not constitute acceptance of your submitted order.
– Order acceptance and the completion of the contract between you and us will take place on the despatch to you of the products ordered unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order or you have cancelled it in accordance with the instructions below. Title will pass on delivery of the products, provided that we have processed and received payment in full for the products.
Non-acceptance of an order may be a result of one of the following:
– The product you ordered is not available from stock.
– We are unable to obtain authorisation for your payment.
– A price or product description error is identified.
– You do not meet the eligibility to order criteria set out in the Terms of Sale.
If there are any problems with your order, a representative from Grape Britannia Ltd will endeavour to contact you. The contract will be concluded in English. If you do require any information regarding orders you have placed with Grape Britannia Ltd, please contact Customer Care by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01223 311100 between 12pm and 6pm Monday to Friday.
We reserve the right to restrict deliveries in certain areas, which will be made clear during the order process. This includes the right to withdraw our services to individual customers’ addresses if you are repeatedly unavailable to take delivery of your order or in other exceptional circumstances.
At the point at which you place your order, the full list of delivery options will be shown. Our deliveries are made by third party carriers. When your order has been despatched, you will receive a text message to confirm that your order is on its way, if you have provided a mobile number. If you are not in, the carrier will attempt delivery to a neighbouring address and if this is not possible, a card will be posted through your letterbox with instructions on how to arrange re-delivery. You should keep your delivery note and all packaging and should notify Grape Britannia Ltd immediately if any of the order is missing or damaged. Where the delivery contains alcoholic merchandise, the delivery driver may ask for appropriate proof of age identification bearing a photograph, date of birth and a holographic mark if they consider that the recipient does not appear to be over the age of 18. Where the delivery driver is not satisfied that the person has been able to provide acceptable proof of age identification then the delivery will not be made and a card will be left with instructions on how to arrange re-delivery.
General payment provisions
Any of the following cards may be used to pay for your shopping: Visa Debit (Delta), Maestro UK, MasterCard, Visa Credit, American Express. You may also use Grape Britannia Ltd gift vouchers as a method of payment online. You are entitled to cancel a payment, or have such sums re-credited to your payment card where fraudulent use of your payment card has been made by another person not acting on your behalf. For payment cards, all credit and debit cardholders and bank/building society account holders respectively are subject to validation checks and authorisation. If the issuer of your payment card or our third party validation service provider refuses to, or does not for any reason authorise or validate the payment, we will not be liable in these circumstances for any delay or non-delivery in respect of the products which you have ordered as a result. By providing the relevant information to us, you specifically authorise us to transmit or to obtain information about you from third parties (including credit reference and fraud detection agencies) from time to time, including but not limited to your name, address, telephone number, debit or credit card details, cheque details or credit reports, to authenticate your identity and delivery address for the products, validate your payment card and obtain authorisations for your payments for products.
Credit card safety
The website uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to encrypt your details as they are being transmitted to us. This prevents anyone from eavesdropping on your shopping session and keeps your card and personal details private.
Errors and shortages
Grape Britannia Ltd may decline to fulfil any order, including bulk purchase of items on promotion, or included in a special offer. In the event of there being errors or shortages, these should be brought to the attention of Grape Britannia Ltd no later than two days after the delivery. Whilst we try to ensure that all prices on the website are accurate, errors may sometimes occur. In the event that a product you have ordered is listed at an incorrect price due to a typographical or administrative error, we will notify you of the correct price by telephone or email before despatching your order, asking you to confirm you still wish to proceed with your order at the correct price. Once we have received your confirmation we will then despatch your order. If you do not confirm that you wish to proceed with the order within two days of the date of our price correction email, we will consider this as a withdrawal of your order and we will delete your payment details from our system. As stated in the “Contract creation and order process” section above, a contract is formed between Grape Britannia Ltd and you when we despatch the goods you have ordered and not before. For the avoidance of doubt, a contract is not formed at the point in time that payment has been taken from you by Grape Britannia Ltd nor at the point in time that you receive an email from Grape Britannia Ltd acknowledging receipt of your order.
Grape Britannia Ltd has produced product information on this website for the general information of the public. It contains information gathered from various sources and, although we believe it to be accurate at the time of publication, we accept no responsibility for, and make no representation nor gives any warranty or undertaking express or implied as to the accuracy or completeness of the information.
General pricing policy
The offers and promotions that are available in our shop do not necessarily apply to products available on the website and vice versa. Prices include the prevailing VAT rate and exclude delivery cost unless otherwise stated. If a delivery charge applies to your order you will be notified both during the ordering process online and again in the acknowledgement of order email we send to you. Prices, offers and products are subject to availability and may change at any time prior to our despatching your order and taking payment from you. Offers and promotions which may be made available through the website from time to time may also have specific terms and conditions which apply. You will need to read and accept these before proceeding with the offer or promotion. Only one incentive code can be used per order and incentive codes can’t be used in conjunction with any other promotion.
Contract cancellation under the Distance Selling Regulations
Please note that you are entitled to cancel this contract if you so wish, provided that you exercise your right no longer than 14 days after the day on which you receive the goods or services. Please note that your right to return products does not apply to goods made to your specification, that have been clearly personalised or which by reason of their nature cannot be returned or are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly (including all perishable goods such as food and fresh flowers). If you wish to exercise your right of cancellation, you are obliged to retain possession of the goods and take reasonable care of them. To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel your purchase by a clear statement, including details of your name, address, details of the order you wish to cancel and, where available, your phone number and email address. Notice of such cancellation may be given by contacting Grape Britannia Ltd on 01223 311100 between 12pm and 6pm Monday to Friday or by emailing email@example.com If you decide to cancel, we will reimburse to you (by the method used to pay for the original transaction) the amount in relation to goods to which cancellation rights apply. This includes the cost of delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if you choose a type of delivery other than our standard and least expensive method of delivery). We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you. We will make the reimbursement no later than 14 days after the day we receive back from you any goods supplied.
The website sells products containing intoxicating liquor. For clarity, a drink containing alcohol is classified as intoxicating if it contains more than 0.5% of alcohol by volume (0.5% abv). Vintages, labels, closures and alcohol by volume may vary. All wines are 75cl and all spirits and liquors 70cl unless otherwise stated. For the avoidance of doubt, this may also apply to certain chocolates containing alcohol. Pursuant to the Licensing Act 2003 it is an offence for any person under the age of 18 to buy, or attempt to buy, intoxicating liquor subject to a maximum fine of £1,000, or for any person over the age of 18 to buy intoxicating liquor on behalf of any person under the age of 18, subject to a maximum fine on conviction of £5,000. Pursuant to the Licensing Scotland Act 2005 it is an offence for any person under the age of 18 to buy, or attempt to buy, intoxicating liquor subject to a maximum fine of £200, or for any person over the age of 18 to buy intoxicating liquor on behalf of any person under the age of 18, subject to a maximum fine on conviction of £5,000 and or 3 months imprisonment. Grape Britannia Ltd is committed to upholding both its legal and social obligations as a retailer of intoxicating liquor. To achieve this we have a number of control checks throughout the purchase and physical distribution process (e.g. requirements for age identification on delivery where the recipient appears to be under the age of 18). In accepting these Terms and Conditions you agree to provide Grape Britannia Ltd truthful and accurate information and act in accordance with the Licensing Act of 2003 or where applicable the Licensing Scotland Act 2005.
We’ve made returns as easy as possible for you. You may return or exchange products, subject to the “cancellation rights” section above, within 14 days of the despatch date. Products must be returned in their original packaging. If you wish to exercise your right of cancellation, you are obliged to retain possession of the goods and take reasonable care of them. To return products, please contact us as described in the “Cancellation Rights” section above. We will arrange for a third party carrier to collect the products from you free of charge. Alternatively, you may return your item(s) to Grape Britannia Ltd’s shop. Simply take your item(s) to the shop along with your delivery note and we will arrange a refund. If an exchange is required, we will refund the original item(s), giving you the option to buy an alternative in the shop or place a new order online.
On cancellation or return of products, we will make a refund to you of the full value of the payment made to us, excluding delivery charges, where applicable. A refund of the original delivery charge will be given (if applicable) in the instance of incorrect, damaged or faulty goods or if your order is cancelled within 7 (seven) working days from the day after which you have received the goods.
Where you paid for products by payment card, refunds will be made by re-crediting your payment card account from which the money was originally debited. Where you paid for products using gift vouchers, refunds will be made in gift vouchers of equivalent value. Where you part-paid for products using gift vouchers and the remainder by payment card, the amount charged to your payment card will be re-credited to your payment card account and the amount paid in gift vouchers refunded by gift vouchers of equivalent value.
All refunds will be made within 30 working days either:
– (where products have not yet been shipped to you) of our confirmation in writing to you that your order has been cancelled; or
– (where products have been shipped to you) of receipt of the returned products by us.
Please check your delivery as soon as possible after it arrives. In the unlikely event your delivery has arrived damaged please contact Grape Britannia Ltd by calling 01223 311100 between 12pm and 6pm Monday to Friday.
Liability for products delivered
As a consumer, you have legal rights in relation to goods that are faulty or not as described. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office. Nothing in these Terms of Sale will affect these legal rights. Please note that the images of the products on our website are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that your computer’s display of the colours accurately reflect the colour of the products. Your products may vary slightly from those images.
We take every effort to to ensure the vintage information is displayed on site as accurately as possible by regularly checking our stock and making updates, however changes can occur at any time as stock is constantly refreshed, which may result in a different vintage being supplied.
Our liability for losses you suffer as a result of us breaching these Terms of Sale is strictly limited to any losses which are a foreseeable consequence of us breaching these Terms of Sale. Losses are foreseeable where they could be contemplated by you and us at the time your order is accepted by us. Except as expressly provided in these Terms of Sale, we are not responsible for any delay in, or failure of, performance of our obligations under these Terms of Sale arising from any cause beyond our reasonable control including any of the following: act of God, governmental act, war, fire, flood, explosion or civil commotion, failure in information technology or telecommunications services, failure of a third party (including failure to supply data) and industrial action.
We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability for:
– death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
– fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
– any terms implied under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 or the Sale of Goods and Services Act 1982;
– any liability arising under the Consumer Protection Act 1987; or
– any matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude, or attempt to exclude, our liability.
Except as set out above, we are not responsible for indirect losses which happen as a side effect of the main loss or damage including but not limited to:
– loss of income or revenue;
– loss of business;
– loss of profits or contracts; or
– loss of anticipated savings,
provided that this shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the above.
Alternative Dispute Resolution
If after following our internal complaints procedure you still feel that we have not satisfactorily resolved your complaint, then you can access the Online Dispute Resolution platform by visiting http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/
All notices given by you to us must be given to Grape Britannia Ltd at 1A Arbury Road, Cambridge, CB4 2JB or firstname.lastname@example.org. We may give notice to you at either the email or postal address you provide to us when placing an order. Notice will be deemed received and properly served immediately when posted on this website, 1 (one) working day after an email is sent, or 3 (three) days after the date of posting of any letter. In proving the service of any notice, it will be sufficient to prove, in the case of a letter, that such letter was properly addressed, stamped and placed in the post and, in the case of an email, that such email was sent to the specified email address of the addressee.
These Terms of Sale set out the whole agreement between us relating to your purchase of products via the website. No statement by any individual employed by us should be understood as a variation of these Terms of Sale or as a representation about the nature, quality or availability of the website or any products made available on the website. If any provision of these Terms of Sale is found to be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable by a court, then that provision shall be deemed severed from the rest of these Terms of Sale and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions. No delay or failure by us to exercise any powers, rights or remedies under these Terms of Sale will operate as a waiver of them, nor will any single or partial exercise of any such powers, rights or remedies preclude any other or further exercise of them.
These Terms of Sale are governed by the laws of England and the courts of England will have exclusive jurisdiction with respect to any dispute arising under or in relation to them. A person who is not a party to a contract governing the Terms of Sale between you and us is not entitled to enforce any of its terms under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 except where these Terms of Sale expressly provide for such rights.
You will be subject to the policies and Terms of Sale in force at the time that you order products from us, unless any change to those policies or these Terms of Sale is required to be made by law or governmental authority, or if we notify you of the change to those policies or these Terms of Sale before we take payment from you and despatch your order to you. In the event that there is a change to the policies and/or Terms of Sale, we will notify you of the change by email before despatching your order, asking you to confirm you still wish to proceed with your order. Once we have received your confirmation we will then despatch your order. If you do not confirm that you wish to proceed with the order within 7 (seven) days of the date of our email which notifies you of the change, we will consider this as a withdrawal of your order and we will delete your payment details from our system. Please read the terms of the Privacy and Cookies Policy above which contains important information about the use of the personal information you provide when using this website.
October 2020 Ashling Park Cuvée NV prize draw
1. This prize draw is organised by Grape Britannia Ltd (“Grape Britannia”) of 224 Milton Road, Cambridge, CB4 1LQ, registered at Companies House in England and Wales under number 11781934.
How to enter
2. Entries received after 31 October 2020 (the “closing date”) will not be accepted.
3. The prize draws is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
4. Grape Britannia will not accept responsibility for entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any postal failure, equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind.
5. By submitting an entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
6. Grape Britannia reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
7. The prize draw is open to anyone aged over 18 resident in mainland UK, except employees of Grape Britannia, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the prize draw.
8. For every three individuals a person tags in a post on the competition thread on Grape Britannia’s Facebook Page, provided that the tagged individuals have not previously been tagged on the competition thread nor Liked nor Followed Grape Britannia’s Facebook Page, the poster will be deemed to have submitted one entry into the draw, provided that the poster has also Liked and Followed Grape Britannia’s Facebook Page.
9. Subscribing to Grape Britannia’s newsletter deems the subscriber to have submitted one entry into the draw.
10. If a person tags three individuals in a Retweet on the competition thread on Grape Britannia’s Twitter account, provided that the tagged individuals have not previously been tagged on the competition thread nor Followed Grape Britannia’s Twitter Account, the poster will be deemed to have submitted one entry into the draw, provided that the poster has also Liked the competition Tweet and Followed Grape Britannia’s Twitter Account.
11. If a person tags three individuals in a response to the competition thread on Grape Britannia’s Instagram account, provided that the tagged individuals have not previously been tagged on the competition thread nor Followed Grape Britannia’s Instagram Account, the poster will be deemed to have submitted one entry into the draw, provided that the poster has also Liked the competition post on Instagram and Followed Grape Britannia’s Instagram Account.
12. In entering, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win. A winner chosen under paragraph 14 below will be asked to provide proof that they are over 18, and if they do not provide proof satisfactory to Grape Britannia, they will deemed not to be eligible and the random draw set out in paragraph 14 will be reperformed and again subject to age verification under this paragraph.
13. Grape Britannia reserves all rights to disqualify entrants if their conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the prize draw or competition.
14. A winner will be chosen by random draw performed by a computer process within one week of the prize draw or competition ending.
15. The winner will receive details of the prize.
16. The winner will be notified by email or Facebook Messenger or Twitter Message or Instagram Message within 7 days of being chosen and must provide a postal address and proof of age to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond to Grape Britannia within 14 days of being notified, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and Grape Britannia will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
17. The prize will be sent to the winner within 14 days of the date that the latter of their postal address and proof of age as per paragraph 12 is provided to Grape Britannia.
18. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered. Grape Britannia reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond Grape Britannia’s control makes it necessary to do so.
19. The decision of Grape Britannia regarding any aspect of the prize draw or competition is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
20. The winner’s name and county can be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to Grape Britannia Ltd, 224 Milton Road, Cambridge, CB4 1LQ, UK or an email to firstname.lastname@example.org within 60 of days after the date of the closing date of the prize draw.
21. Grape Britannia reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
Limitation of liability
22. Insofar as is permitted by law, Grape Britannia, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of Grape Britannia, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
Data protection and publicity
24. By entering, you agree that any personal information provided by you with your entry may be held and used by Grape Britannia or its agents and suppliers to administer the competition.
25. All our prize draws and competitions will be governed by English law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
26. Grape Britannia reserves the right to update these Terms and Conditions from time to time and any updated version will be effective as soon as it is published on the website.